PIONEERS is a project that is telling the story of:
- High altitude gliding in North Wales, the UK and Globally (the scope will depend on the budget available)
- Chris Gill’s UK distance record attempt to fly further than 1109km in a single flight
The PIONEERS team feel that by documenting in a high quality, broadcast ready production we will be able to bring the story of gliding and what’s possible to a wider global audience.
We hope that by doing this we’ll encourage more existing glider pilots to extend their capabilities and facilitate new potential glider pilots to try the sport.
We are working with a highly experienced production company to craft & create the documentary about high altitude gliding which will include the profile of some of the leading high altitude glider pilots, the planning & build up to the actual attempt flight and the wider story of high altitude gliding – it’s history, present and future.
Once we’ve created the documentary and associated content we will then promote it on a global basis. Through the power of social & digital media and the existing gliding community we believe we can reach tens of thousands of people and share the story with them.
We are also in discussion with a number of the major TV/Film platforms which, if they choose to work with us, would increase awareness further.
The PIONEERS team are a highly experienced group of individuals with specific experience in each of their respective fields.
Simon Grice – Founder/Producer & co-Pilot for attempt flight
- Founder of PIONEERS & Glide Britain (https://www.facebook.com/glidebritain)
Chris Gill – Attempt & High Altitude Glider Pilot
- CFI Denbigh Gliding (https://www.facebook.com/denbighgliding/)
Alan Howard – Director
- 25 years broadcast experience as MD of Video & TV Limited (https://videoandtv.co.uk/)
Ian Molesworth – Support & Advisor
- Experienced High Altitude Glider Pilot and top bloke!
Edyta Kilian – Operations & administration
- 10+ years PA, management & office administration experience
We are raising funds (minimum £12,500 plus admin costs) to invest in the production of the North Wales focused version during Spring ’24 and will be starting filming in February/March ’24. Subject to the level of funding secured we’ll be aiming to finish filming in May ’24 and have the final production ready for June ’24.
If we raise more funding we’ll extend the timeframes to accommodate for additional filming and activity in Scotland and possible globally (if we raise the higher amount).
We are raising a minimum of £12,500 (plus admin fees) which will enable us to create the North Wales focused version of the documentary. If we raise £25k we’ll be able to broaden the project to the rest of the UK and with £50k we’ll take it global!
The funds will come from:
- grants – membership organisations active in the promotion of gliding
- sponsors – businesses & organisations active in the gliding community or who would like to reach a new audience
- crowdfunding – individuals who would like to support the project and receive the Supporter, Founder or Producer rewards
We have a limited number of exclusive corporate sponsorship opportunities. If you feel your business is aligned with the brand values of the project please get in touch with me – Simon Grice – firstname.lastname@example.org or 07881 938862.
Simon Grice & the PIONEERS Team